In addition to my in-person lessons, I now offer private lessons over the internet using a webcam to advanced guitar students living in or outside of my area and actually, anywhere in the world.
For 30+ years, I’ve taught one-on-one, face-to-face private guitar lessons, which is my preferred way to teach due to the personal interaction. With the latest in live-streaming and video-conferencing technology, we now have access to the whole world and smoother conferencing capabilities at our fingertips. So now is a good time to step into using the systems that are available to connect with others across the miles and country borders.
Who Will Benefit from Online Lessons
Even though I teach lessons from beginners to advanced in my in-person lessons, I don’t offer beginner lessons over the internet. My online lesson are ONLY for advanced or pro-level players. I prefer to teach brand new beginners in-person. The online lessons are 30 minutes long and the prices differ depending on the following options that I offer below.
2 Online Lesson Options:
- Weekly 30-minute Lessons (paid by the month) – This is the BEST choice for any student who wants to progress steadily and quickly. You’ll have a set weekly time slot. This is a month-to-month commitment and is prepaid to reserve your spot for the month. Available time slots are on FRIDAYS ONLY and would whichever time slot your request that is posted at my website on the Lessons page. CLICK HERE to Request Your Lesson Slot.
- Single On-Demand Lessons ($25 for 30-minutes, paid by the lesson) – For those who are advanced or pro-level players and are interested in taking a lesson whenever you want (not on a fixed weekly schedule), this one is for you. This works best for the advanced guitar player who wants an occasional lesson(s) to learn a playing technique, need developmental pointers, Jazz or Blues soloing, or anything you want to learn. Available time slots are on FRIDAYS ONLY and would be any of the available time slots you choose that are posted at my website on the Lessons page. You can choose 1 – 2 lessons in a month. Lesson(s) must be prepaid through PayPal at the time of booking the time-slot. You can request a lesson from 7 days to 24 hours in advance. CLICK HERE to Request Your Lesson Slot.
So How Does Internet Lessons Work?
Lessons will be given on any one of these 3 platforms (all are FREE to download and use):
You also need to need to have the following to participate in online lessons:
- A high-speed internet connection.
- PC or laptop with a webcam.
- Your own guitar for lessons and practice
- Printer to print lesson material emailed to you.
My internet lessons are scheduled based on my available lessons slots posted on Online Lessons website. We’ll be using either Skype, Google Hangouts or Zoom, which are all free software downloads. Skype is our first preference. If there issues with it, we’ll use one of the others.
Scheduling and Lesson Content
As with all of my lessons, I’ll need to assess your capabilities and know where you want to go. That way I can customize the lessons to your needs. Please fill out the request form here to let me know your preferred time to take your lessons, a brief idea of what you’ve learned, your weaknesses, and what you want to work on in the lesson; techniques, styles you like, theory, scales, chords…just as you would if we were to have a lesson in person. You can also send me an email at email@example.com.
After I get your email with your time preference and info, I’ll get back to you and we will arrange a connection test for audio and video quality. Please have Skype downloaded and your webcam installed with functioning audio/video and high speed internet. If you are happy and comfortable with the test run we will finalize your time slot
If you’re signing up for Weekly Lessons or the Single On-Demand Lessons, you’ll be prepaying for your lessons via PayPal once you receive confirmation from me of the specific time slot we agree upon. Payment is required to reserve the time spot that you’re requesting.
Online Lesson Preparation
I will make sure I understand what you want your lesson to concentrate on. Initially, I may need some clarification with questions back to you, just to make sure.
- The written part of our lesson will be prepared and emailed to you ahead of time in a PDF file. We will go over the material on camera and the lesson is yours to keep.
- Please have Skype or one of the other platforms installed with functioning audio/video. You can run tests on your computer using the interfaces. Wide screen view is best and again, high-speed internet required.
- Payment will need to be received prior to the lesson time. Please complete payment request.
- Please have a quiet well-lit comfortable area without background distractions for our lesson.
- Your guitar needs to be pre-tuned to concert pitch (A440) before your lesson using an electric guitar tuner.
- The written lesson will be emailed to you before our lesson time in standard notation or tablature. To open PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed (already available on most computers/laptops).
And of course, it goes without saying but I have to say it anyway: No nudity, profanity or intoxication will be tolerated. Just be cool and be ready to learn.
Request Your Online Guitar Lesson Slot Today!
Weekly Online Lessons or Single On-Demand Lessons: If you’re ready to get started on your online lessons, CLICK HERE to go to my contact form. When contacting me, include the day & time slot you want (from my available openings) and enter what you want to learn. Also, briefly let me know about your playing experience. I’ll respond to you within 24 hours. Feel free to ask any questions as well.